- All COVID-19 testing for UF students, faculty and staff will be at the UF Student Health Care Center starting Monday, Jan. 31.
- Please bring your Gator 1 ID card or another form of picture identification.
- Only saliva testing will be performed to detect the presence of the virus.
- Individuals will NOT be personally responsible for any payment amounts that are not covered by third party payors, including, but not limited to, non-covered or out-of-network services, deductibles, co-insurance and/or co-payments.
- Faculty, staff and students who require a COVID-19 for travel requirements can schedule an appointment with the UF Student Health Care Center at 352-392-1161 and press 0. Please have testing requirements available when you call. You can also find additional options in the community, including at retail pharmacies.
- UF faculty and staff who are health care workers should consult with their supervisor on when to return to work after a positive test.
Hours of availability
Visit the UF Student Health Care Center website for up-to-date testing information.
Other UF Locations in Florida
- Alachua and Gainesville
Visit UFHealth.org for a list of additional testing locations.
- UF Health Jacksonville
If you are a Health Jacksonville employee, you may get tested at public testing sites around Jacksonville and surrounding areas or by going to UF Health Urgent Care – Wildlight. Employees who have a potential workplace exposure must contact their immediate supervisor and Employee Health to be tested. Staff who get a COVID-19 test outside of the UF Health system must notify Employee Wellness at WellnessCovid19@jax.ufl.edu or 244-8333. Notification must take place prior to or day of the test.
- UF Health Central Florida
Symptomatic UF Health Central Florida employees can be tested in the Urgent Care Center at UF Health Leesburg Hospital. Nonsymptomatic employees can visit several available offsite community sites for their testing Employees who have a potential workplace exposure must contact Employee Health to be tested.
Learning Your Results
- Results should take 48 or so hours to be processed.
- While not required, you may find creating a MyUFHealth account is helpful. When you scheduled your on-campus test, you may have received an activation email for your MYUFHealth account. Set up a free MyUFHealth account to view your results.
- Please check your UFL email for all of the updates. If you have previously shared a personal email with MyUFHealth, please check that email as well.
- Access to an individual’s test results will be held to the same standard as other protected health information and will be stored in EPIC, the HIPAA-compliant electronic medical record at UF Health. Access to an individual’s test sample and results will be held in a confidential manner by UF Health in a secure database and/or by the state of Florida Department of Health.
What should I do if I’m feeling ill?
If you are feeling under the weather, you should follow CDC guidance by limiting your contact with others and monitoring yourself. If you need to see a doctor, please visit the Student Health Care Center website to schedule an appointment.