Several changes are being implemented at UF Health hospitals and emergency rooms in Gainesville effective Tuesday, March 24, to protect our patients, visitors and caregivers and to help minimize the spread of COVID-19.
Patient and Visitor Screenings
Beginning Tuesday, March 24, we will begin screening all patients and visitors entering our hospitals, outpatient surgery facilities and emergency rooms in Gainesville to help minimize the spread of COVID-19.
Visitors with illness symptoms, including fever, cough or shortness of breath; and those who have traveled internationally or returned from a cruise in the last 14 days will not be permitted to enter our hospitals, outpatient surgery facilities or emergency rooms.
Screenings will take place at the following locations:
- UF Health Shands Hospital
- UF College of Dentistry west entrance (near the Medical Lab/Outpatient Pharmacy)
- Main Atrium entrance
- UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital & UF Health Shands Pediatric E.R.
- Children’s Hospital Lobby (Sebastian Ferrero Atrium)
- Pediatric E.R. entrance
- UF Health Shands Cancer Hospital & UF Health Shands E.R.
- Main entrance (by Garden of Hope)
- Adult E.R. entrance
- UF Health Heart & Vascular Hospital and UF Health Neuromedicine Hospital
- Both entrances, between visitor desk and gift shop
- UF Health Shands Emergency Center – Springhill
- UF Health Emergency Center – Kanapaha
- UF Health Shands Psychiatric Hospital
Additional Changes to Visitor Policies
- Patient visitors will be limited to no more than one for the patient’s entire hospital stay or visit.
- Children under the age of 18 will no longer be allowed as visitors.
- These restrictions apply to all of our hospitals, outpatient surgical centers and emergency rooms.
Valet Parking Changes
Valet Parking Services will maintain their normal hours at all Archer Road facilities but will only be available to offer valet parking to patients and visitors with a disabled parking decal or those requiring assistance. All others will need to self-park.